I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Ecc 3:11 "He has planted eternity in the human heart..."

Before I go into that verse, I just want to say that I am enjoying having my sister and her son stay with us. Having a young boy in the house is quite different for us, all that energy is not what we are use to. He reminds me of my younger daughter with his imagination. It paid to forget to take stuff to the garage sale - I still had some dress up stuff for him to play with.


Caleb reminded me of the time Sarah and her friend dressed up as a creature from outer space - with body paint (all over) and did a newscast for us...

The other day he reminded me of the beauty of God's work by drawing me to a dragonfly he had discovered in our hedge...

Okay back to the verse ... I thought that was an interesting statement, exactly what did it mean? How is eternity planted in our hearts? Here is how the cheat note explains it:

"God has "planted eternity in the human heart." This means that we can never be completely satisfied with earthly pleasures and pursuits. Because we are created in God's image. (1) We have a spiritual thirst (2) we have eternal value, and (3) nothing but the eternal God can truly satisfy us. God has built in us a restless yearning for the kind of perfect world that can only be found in his perfect rule. He as given us a glimpse of the perfection of his creation. But it is only a glimpse; we cannot see into the future or comprehend everything. So we must trust God now and do his work on earth."

Makes sense - I especially liked (2) we have eternal value - not just value in this life - through our job, family, friendship but eternal value which is way more...



No comments:

What I have had to say...