I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Monday, September 28, 2009

Complaining

"Do everything without complaining or arguing..." Philippians 2:14

Easier said than done. I read the scripture on the way to church on Sunday and it made me pause. How much complaining do I do everyday? I tried to pay attention to how I did over the day and yep there was definitely some complaining. I was set up though, the weather was cloudy and cold and rainy, as a true Saskatchewanian how could I not at least complain about the weather? Seriously though, it is amazing at how much complaining I probably do.

This morning I was in a meeting and the VP was there talking about some things that were happening. She talked about this one situation where someone was suggesting that we address something in one particular way - she stated we could have said "Duh where have you been the last 15 years when we suggested this and have been trying to get the government to agree!" but instead she said it was an opportunity to say "Great idea, here all the things that we have been working on in regards to that." I thought, what a great way to deal with it and to be positive instead of negative. Is that an example of "doing everything without complaining or arguing."?

Anyway, food for thought.

Had a fun Sunday school class - only 2 boys showed up. I had a skit prepared where I needed at least 6 or more. We all played multi parts. It was fun though sitting at the table with the two of them talking about how to be responsible. They had great ideas for such young lads. Don't litter, help my parents when they are sick, brush my teeth, etc. I had prepare the craft project for 12 so we had a "few" extra. We decided to hand them out to the younger class. Niles at first said he didn't want to hand them out so I said that's okay I can do it, then as I am walking out of the room he runs up behind me - "No, I'll do it." he says. My example of responsible, sharing.

I am thankful for cooler weather for my walking home, I am thankful my daughter who did some house cleaning when she was home sick, I am thankful she has a drivers license, I am thankful my hubby puts up with my tossing and turning at night, I am thankful for friends who invite us out for lunch, I am thankful for a boss that is easy to work for, I am thankful for my secretary who agreed with my suggestions for changes to the newsletter, I am thankful for a loving God that continues to put up with me and is always faithful, I am thankful for the opportunity to get to know the young boys at church, I am thankful for pot lucks, I am just so thankful for all that the good Lord has blessed me with and I need to remember that the next time I feel like complaining!

No comments:

What I have had to say...