I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Monday, May 22, 2006

I have a great teenager!!!

I'm thinking that this blog might be a good thing for me. It will be a place to write the things that I'm thankful for to remind me when I'm not feeling so thankful. Like my youngest daughter. There are days she drives me crazy but if I write down the way she made me proud and how great she was today - I can use this post to read on the days I don't feel that way.

Last night Sarah went on a sleepover. Now getting a good night's rest is usually not a priority on a sleepover which usually equals a tired and grouchy child. But my Sarah came home before she was suppose to, not crabby and not tired. I announced that we needed to do some cleaning before company arrived, asked Sarah to do a few things - turned to tell her older sister what needed to be done and half way through telling her it clicks - she don't look so good. Yes, she is sick with a cold and not feeling well. I guess I'll do the cleaning up downstairs instead I say. But what does my Sarah say "That's okay mom I'll do Kristie's chores". And she did!! In fact, she cleaned both bathrooms (toilets, sinks, mirrors, sweeping, cleaning up and rearranging things - and even - and I can't believe it's true, I was going to take a picture but she declined - she put the toilet paper on the TOILET PAPER HOLDER!!! Yes she did, honest! I'm not lying!!!), she then proceeded to clean up downstairs, swept livinging, kitchen, and ... and...cleaned her bedroom up without me asking her to do it!!! Wowzer or what. I've got a great teenager :-)

Thank you Lord for today, thank you Lord for my daughter - help me to remember when I'm not so happy with her - all the ways she is a blessing and a joy to me. That life would be so unbearable dull without her and her smile.


2 comments:

Diana said...

I think this is a great idea, so you can go back and remember the good times. When you go ballistic when you come home and they are lying around doing nothing in a house that is collapsing full of mess all around them (speaking of what happened here last week) then at least you can come and read this and realize that some things do sink in and presumably they will grow up to be functional. I have my doubts about this lot. But they do surprise me occasionally. Hug them both for me, and of course hug you and Murray too! Miss you so much, D

Diana said...

I also loved the toilet paper thing. Someone here replaced it the other day who wasn't me, but it could have been Bruce, who knows. I guess a person should set up a hidden camera?

What I have had to say...