I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Rembembering....

Reading 1 Samuel this morning and my cheat note has this statement "Sometimes we are so progress and future - oriented that we fail to take time to recall all that God has already done. Remembering what God has done for you so that may move ahead with gratitude."

Right on! One of the things that I really need to remember always is what Jesus did for us. Dying on the cross for our sins. I think of the burden of taking on all our sins, what that must have felt like. He who had no sin suddenly enduring the burden and weight of all of ours. I think of how sin in my own life drags me down, brings me mental pain and how awful I feel and yet he took on everyone's. How oppressing and painful that must have felt. And then not only that, but He was separated from God - had he ever been separated before? How did he bear it? Not only the physical pain he went through but the emotional and spiritual pain. But what really makes me thankful is that he knew...he knew what was going to happen and yet...he still did it. The scene from the Passion of the Christ where the snake is winding through the Garden and he steps on it "your will not mine" always comes to mind. The words "thank you" feel so inadequate, so small, so little ....

No comments:

What I have had to say...