I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Working for 30 years....

Yes it's been 30 years and 6 different jobs in the same organization. It all started when a friend wanted to apply for a job at the hospital for a high school student to work every other weekend and summer holidays cashiering in the staff cafeteria. She didn't want to apply by herself and asked me to go with her. I did, I applied in support and I got the job...yep...amazingly we are still friends :-) Interesting phone call to my parents.."umm...mom I got a job, is that okay?"

It's interesting to look back at my different jobs and see how they have each honed a skill and made me unafraid of new challenges and the attitude that if you're telling me it can be done, I'll figure it out (lots of good problem solving training). I've had lots of great role models, lots of great co-workers and have ended up in a job that I love.

Here's a pic of me and the hubby before we left for the Long Service Award Banquet....
I had the pleasure of sitting with Shirl (she is the lady on the right of the picture below) - I use to work with her and she is a fellow elephant lover; the lady on the left is Gloria who works in the same department I do but at a different site. Lots of speeches, some interesting and good food. Then the presentations - I got a silver watch as my gift for 30 years. All in all a good evening.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Wow! awesome photo, lookin' good! Congrats on staying employed for 30 years!!!

btw, if you are interested in chair dancing, it is really really fun. I have been told a person can look it up on the net. This lady I know got the vid through work (she leads the exercises) I find it to be quite a workout and we don't even do the last dance on the tape. Plus it is really fun. I think more fun with a group of people though. At home you just might feel silly. More fun to feel silly in groups.

Have a good one, dear. D.

What I have had to say...