I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Love is Patient, Love is Kind...

Still haven't left for camping due to my stupid head cold. Kids are getting antsy but we figure cold or no cold we are leaving first thing tomorrow morning. My sister Twyla left on Thursday - the day of the terrorist threat but luckily her husband had called and given her the low down so she knew what to expect at the airport and packed her luggage accordingly. I was reading the "memo" they were handing out to all passengers and it talked about checking footware and thought "I'd hate to be the person that has that job". They did check her sandals though - as she is going through she had to take off her sandals and walk through without them. Still haven't heard if Holly has arrived home safe and sound. Loved to hear that before we leave but if not I'll call when we get back.

Reading a book by Max Lucado - " A Love Worth Giving". Using 1 Corinth 13 to describe what love is and what our love should be. What I have learned this week is that when I'm sick my love is neither patient or kind - especially when the kids are talking about wanting to go camping but not doing anything to prepare to go camping. Especially when I am finally sleeping and the phone rings and rings and rings and rings and no one picks it up, so I do to discover it my family calling to ask me a question about lifejackets.... and now I have a headache AGAIN.....

Anyway packing the book for the trip. Still reading The Da Vinci Book - not really my kind of book to read and with all the talk about it I'm still struggling to read it. Kristie keeps telling me it gets better and more of a "page turner" as you go along. Here's hoping it does. I have my stack of books picked out for the camping trip so here's hoping I get to read them all.

No comments:

What I have had to say...