I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A day of stressors and blessings...

Well it's been a stressful day for me. Started by having to get up at 5:00 to help Sarah deliver her friends papers - only took us 1/2 hour and I went back to bed afterwards. Sarah was so concerned about getting up on time that she kept waking up during the night. When she says she is going to do something for a friend she wants to make sure she does it right. I am thankful that I have a daugther that is willing to do stuff to help out her friends and follows through. A blessing.

Then Kristie's dentist appointment. I am very thankful for our dentist and her staff, I can not imagine any other dentist we have dealt with in the past that would have accomodated us as well as this one did and have so much patience. After drugs, our dentist praying for her, talking to her about how she knows Kristie wants to do this and that she knows Kristie has the strength to over come her fears, spending 1/2 hour in the dentist's personal office so Kristie could cry in private and me finally telling her that she is having this done because she knows she wants to, Murray helping her back to the chair, we held her hand and she consented and got the needles. In fact, we all agreed to have all 4 pulled out since she had come this far and Kristie again pulled that inner strength I know she has and had three more needles. I am really proud of her - she was so scared and frightened and wanted to run, and she could have choosen to say no - we told her she had that choice - but she perservered and went through with it. She was even laughing at the end as we carried her to the car (yes her dad carried her to the car). She also wrote the dental staff a note thanking them before we left, which I thought was so sweet of her. The Lord certainly blessed me with amazing kids!

My other stressful note today was my sister leaving. I managed to only breakdown in tears when I gave her a goodbye hug at my house and kept it together at dad's when she finally drove away. I love that sister of mine and of course as a bigger sister I worry about her. But I must continue to remind myself that she is in God's hands and he is quite capable of looking after her - way better than I can. Her love for the Lord and for other people was a great example for me this past month. My sisters are my other blessing today. We had another picture taken of us four - still looking for the perfect picture for us all to have. Gail bought these really nice "sister" frames for us all and now is trying to get the best of the pics for us to have to put in the frames. On Saturday we also brought Carol (our sister in law) into the picture so Gail plans on sending her the picture of the 5 of us. What a sweet sister I have. Anyway here is a picture of today of the four of us....


PS - the full picture shows that we are all barefoot except Gail LOL - another hot day here.

Thank you Lord for family, for the support of family, for the love of family and the love you have for us all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey we know you have amazing kids. Tell Kristie that we are proud of her for surviving the whole dental thing. The pictures of you four sisters look great. Sorry to hear that Holly left but just remember that you had a great visit with her.

Anonymous said...

Wow! haven't seen a picture of you sisters in probably over 20 years! You are so lucky to have your sisters. I know you know that.Just remember that there is nothing like having a sister--they knew you way back when, they knew about what life was like when you were a kid, and no one else does.

You can tell Kristie that Caitlin went through the same thing and it was tough for her too, but so worth it. Bronwyn is not a very happy camper when it comes to anything medical but she is coping now, took her awhile but she seems pretty happy about it now.( except for bands that she is supposed to wear and I don't think she has been this summer, grr)

Hang in there, sweetie!
D

What I have had to say...