I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Friday, October 13, 2006

This day has not ended well...I got the news that a friends father past away today. My heart is quite heavy for my friend and her family, and the why's are emerging. I find I feel like crying more than I did when my mom past away. Most likely because we had lost mom way before death took her and it was just one more step in saying goodbye. But with Rick...he was still a vital part of their family, still needed, still a presence, and he is really going to be missed by them. I just feel so bad for them. With mom there was joy in knowing that she was finally free... but where is the joy for my friend? I know that he is finally free from the pain he has been suffering these last few months and there is joy in that but still....

I know that I don't have the answers (nothing new there) and we live in a world where bad things happen to good people. I have to hold on to my why's for now and know that God is with them.

Lord, look after him and please pour all your strength and comfort on the family.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Very sad, for sure. It might not seem so at the time, but it is comforting that God weeps with us during our most painful moments.

What I have had to say...