I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Monday, October 09, 2006

What am I thankful for on this day?

Well were do I begin? Like everyone, no matter how lousy things are going, there is always something to be thankful for. That's the one great thing about this day - is the opportunity to look back over the year and realize how blessed you are.

I'm thankful for my husband who still loves me through all the ups and downs of our marriage. I've learned from him that things will work out no matter how much I worry about them, things will always work out and we will be okay.

I'm thankful for my daughters that I never planned on having but God knew better. Kristie who has taught me recently to have more patiences with drivers who cut me off or drive like idiots. Maybe they are not idiots after all - it could be someone learning to drive like Kristie. I'm thankful for Sarah who has taught me to laugh and laugh and laugh, and that owning a dog or guinea pig or fish or gerbils can be fun.

I'm thankful for my sisters - Gail has taught me about having a giving heart and always thinking of others. Twyla has taught me about calm steady faithfulness and loving children. Holly has and is teaching me about hanging on to your faith and perseverance during hard times. I love my sister's and am so thankful for them.

I'm thankful for my sisters in Christ - who have encouraged me through the years, taught me the importance of hugs, who have given me words of counsel, lifted me up, and stretched me in my thinking.

I am thankful for a good bed (if you've every slept over at my mom in laws you would totally understand where I'm coming from), friends that you have a history with because you can get together and remember the good old days and laugh and laugh, for technology to keep in touch with family and friends and the opportunity it gives you to meet new friends that become dear friends, autumn days and all the glorious shades of yellow, orange and red, good books, quiet evenings, new babies, and.. and... I could really just go on an on but I won't.

I will end with the one really important one - I'm so thankful for my loving, faithful, enduring, holy God that loves me, cares about me, created me, and who has blessed me so immensely. Thank you Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just lovely, thanks Heather!
D

What I have had to say...