I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon..."

I've been meaning to post this last week, about Hallowe'en, Sarah's soccert tournament, etc but everytime I go to post it just feels all so meaningless and trivial compared to what John/Jenn are going through. Who cares what I wore for Hallowe'en compared to the pain they are going through.

I heard the line "I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon" and have been pondering it. When I think of the Wallace's and McLeod families I realize they are a "sermon", a sermon on courage, faith, love, trust, family, etc. I can't believe that anyone can read their blogs and not be impacted - not be inspired - not be in awe of God's power and strength in their lives - not look at their own relationship with God and wonder if it is that strong - if they could face such pain with the same courage and trust in God that this family has.

They say that people these days aren't looking for proof that God exists but does it really work, what is the benefit, does it change people's lives, etc. All we have to do is look at this family and say "Yes... it does."

No comments:

What I have had to say...