I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Tuesday, October 31, 2006


Edmonton Roadtrip!

This last weekend Sarah and I had our first roadtrip together. We were invited to go to Edmonton with 2 of our friends to celebrate Linda's birthday. It was an early morning (left the city by 7:30am) but well worth it. After a few wrong turns (okay maybe more than a few, including a "Call a friend" for directions) we made it to the Ikea store. We were impressed that we did it and I don't think we had too many upset drivers LOL At least no one honked at us. Due to the fact that we drove there in a car we were able to control our spending urges and only bought a few smaller items. Loving my new bedroom lamp :-)

Then off to find the hotel, and the Edmonton mall. A few more wrong turns but we ended up with a great parking spot at the mall (we figured God felt sorry for us and guided us to the spot). We did manange to do both floors of the mall even in the two days were were there. Even watched the Sea Lions. We didn't buy much, had fun, and oh my aching feet!


We woke up Sunday morning to lots of snow and me being worried about the drive home. We found the church easily (started to feel like we knew what we were doing!) and back to the mall. The drive home was a little nervous (okay maybe a little more than "a little" but the road conditions were only bad til about Vermillion). After that it was smooth driving. Got home around 11:30.

A good trip!!! PS I took Monday afternoon off to recuperate *g*

No comments:

What I have had to say...