I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Saturday, January 06, 2007

2007....

I have not posted lately for the following three reasons:

1.Still have my bad cold and laying in bed seems to be my favorite thing to do. I have managed to go to work on Thursday and Friday - which were very tiring days as I had a new clerical staff starting (so that meant I spent most of those 2 days training her while trying to catch up on my work), we were short staffed (due to one of the clerical staff being home with the flu), and lots of work sitting on my desk to get done. So by the time I came home - my bed was the only place I wanted to be. Last night was a touch better as I started to take down the Christmas decorations - hubby was nice and made supper for us and even brought it to me.

2. When I am up and actually have time to get on the computer, I spend it reading other people's blogs. Loving the new baby pictures and reading up on everyone one's Christmas.

3. Sarah... if you're looking for her, you will find her in front of the computer.

But right now everyone is still in bed (Sarah had a friend sleep over so the computer is free this morning), and I'm listening to a cd I got for Christmas, Dan Fogelberg "The Nether Lands". Nice and soothing.

Speaking of music... the one thing I noticed while I was off laying around was my taste in music seems to have changed. I found I was watching the CMT channel alot - in fact one day while ironing I found myself even "dancing" and mouthing the words...what's with that? I hated country music growing up, in my 20's I liked a few of the country singers (not sure if it was the music or whether I liked looking at the singer's themselves...) but lately I have been enjoying country music alot. So has country music changed or have I? I received a CD from a friend called Believe and Faith - a collection of country songs - loving it!! Even with this shift in taste, I still plan on trying to listen to what my youngest enjoys. I don't want to turn into a parent that asked their kids "how can you listen to that crap?" "Turn that music down!". Granted some of her stuff is loud and definitely not my "taste" but that doesn't mean it's crap or bad music - it's just different. Like my music when I was growing up was just different then what my parents listened to. Now I'm not saying that some of todays music isn't "crap", there is some stuff that I will not listen to and don't want her listening to either but some of it is okay. I think that was made apparent to me when 3 Days Grace lead singer came and talked to our clients one day this last year. Now I think their music is loud and have to admit would have been tempted to ask her to turn it off, but he talked about why he wrote some of the songs. His one song Pain comes from after he was in recovery from his substance abuse, he talked about how he was so "numb" before that now feeling anything - including pain - is better than feeling nothing. So I will continue to listen to Sarah's music and try and understand what the song is about before I judge it. Could that be my new year's resolution?

No comments:

What I have had to say...