I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Monday, April 16, 2007

Committed and Learning:

For those that I haven't told, and to really make it a reality for myself, I am announcing on this blog that a good friend and myself have committed ourselves to...

**drum roll**

... a 10k walking marathon at the end of May, on my anniversary infact.

I need external motivations to keep up this walking, and so this is one way to be externally motivated. I like the picture that I posted because I wish that is how I felt when I walk but I've already started to be bored by the whole walking thing. It's just that I need a destination when I walk, even when walking the dog I need to know where I'm headed. Aimlessly walking around my neighbourhood is not a good motivation for me. Listening to my youngest daugthers music on her Ipod - while it's educational to learn what she is listening to these days - it's not my kind of walking music. On the flip side walking along the riverbank with my friend, was much more enjoyable. Now that I could do everyday. Walking when it's sunny out - is also something that is much more enjoyable. Spending time in prayer makes it more enjoyable too. Thank you Lord for the sunshine and warm weather, oh and the good friends you have given me.

No comments:

What I have had to say...