I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

If you can't stand the heat...go home!

Which we did. Came home yesterday. Let me tell you - tenting in 30+ weather is not that enjoyable. BUT - we did have a great holiday.
Starting with the girls going to teen camp and Murray/me camping at Candle Lake. We canoed down Fisher Creek and saw Pelicans, mama duck and her 2 babies, Canada Goose and her doz babies. Nice and relaxing.
Then off to Manitoba with a stop at Good Spirit Lake..
Us girls canoed over to a more private beach and Murray windsurfed over. Then Sarah got some lessons in windsurfer while Kristie and myself read.


Next we stopped in to visit with some friends in Portage La Prairie where Sarah drove a tractor and they all went river floating one night.

















Then off to Gull Harbour campground on Hecla Island in Lake Winnipeg. Really nice area but that's when we hit the 30+ weather. So we took a tour of Hecla Village, and a walk out to the Lighthouse.
I am thankful for great campsites, good weather, playing cards with my children, chillaxing on the beach, time to spend admiring the handiwork of God, chance meetings with my sister's good friend, friends that welcome us into their homes, cool breezes, for a co-worker that leant us a 2 room tent that was a life saver on the evenings I could not stand the bugs one more minute, a nifty light fixture that my sister in law leant us that enabled me to read in the tent, wonderful children that made me laugh, and a husband that put up with me on the days I couldn't handle the bugs one more minute.

1 comment:

Ian said...

What great pictures, it looks like you had a wonderful vacation. I have never been to Lake Winnipeg and I went to University of Winnipeg for three years.

What I have had to say...