I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Patience...

I confess - I don't have a lot of patiences somedays. Came across this comment the other day and thought - whoa - I need to read this quote more often...

"...impatience stems almost solely from our exaggerated notions of what is due us. If we could but lower our estimation of the importance of our time, our plans and our feelings, we would find ourselves almost automatically more patient.

Patience is a more positive trait. It is the ability to bear affliction, delay and interruption with calmness, perseverance and confience in the goodness of God. It is inward peace as well as outward control. It is the sumission of our schedules, our viewpoints, our dreams to the greater plan of God, with the conviction that he has a good reason for every delay he allows to come our way." (italics mine)

No comments:

What I have had to say...