I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Friday, October 26, 2007

A moment of thanks...

A had two incidents this week that reminded me of how God's uses this wonderful beautiful world He created to let us know He is with us.

On Thursday as I was driving to my daughters soccer game, I was feeling a little overwhelmed and stressed. I was doing the "self talk" of - this too will pass, all will be fine, God's in control and He is watching over my family, I don't need to worry or stress. Just as I was thinking this I rounded the corner and off in the horizon was this great big almost full moon. The "man in the moon" was very pronounced. It was as if God was saying to me, "Your right Heather, here I am watching over you." It's hard to explain the peace I felt at that moment looking at the moon.

Friday, walking home from work on a cloudy day, feeling tired. Wondering how my mother in law had done during the day and how she would be when I walked in the house. At that moment I entered "another world". I was surrounded by a sea of bright yellow leaves, the branches were hanging over the path with their bright yellow leaves on them. It was like a lightbulb had turned on. I couldn't help but have a big goofy grin on my face as I gazed around. It was like God's love was radiating all around me.

I wonder how many other times He was trying to tell me something through nature that I hadn't noticed. How many times walking home with my head down slogging along I failed to notice God's beauty all around me. But I am very thankful for these two moments when I did notice Him. Thank you Lord.

1 comment:

Ian said...

Your struggles and your comments are an encouragement to others . . . keep up the good work.

What I have had to say...