I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Saturday, October 13, 2007

I love him even more...

My husband amazed me and made me fall in love with him even more.

He brought his mother to our hourse last night to stay the night. She was...not a fun person to be around - angry, paranoid, argumentive, slightly delusional. I almost lost it within 20 minutes of her being here and spent the rest of the night with my mouth shut in the background, but...

my husband was so strong, calm,didn't back down, still loving, understanding, never took anything personal, never got angry at her, never got tired of repeating the same lines over and over to her - it was awesome to see how he treated his mother during this difficult time.

To be frank - he would have gotten major lucky last night if we weren't all so exhausted by the time we talked his mother into going to bed.

Thank you Lord that during this time of "adversity" you have allowed me to see another side of my husband, thank you for giving my mother in law a good sound sleep last night and may she wake up in a better mood, thank you for the knowledge that this too shall pass and things will get better.

Update: Thank you Lord for a good nights sleep for her and a much improved mood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Heather, you are having a difficult time of it. I live in dread of a similar thing happening, because it probably will at some time. I think Murray is really amazing to show such strength because it must be killing him inside. It is awful to have to mourn your parents before they actually go. So hard for everyone in your house. I wish you peace wherever you can find it. Love Diana

What I have had to say...