I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Friday, June 06, 2008


Being Thankful:



I usually end my blogs with a few words of thanks, basically because it is so easy to forget all the wonderful ways we are blessed when we are stressed, disappointed, frustrated, angry, worried, etc. Expressing words of thanks, to me, reminds me that life is good, that God is good, and things could always be a whole lot worse.

I’m reading a book called “Laughing Matters: Learning to laugh when life stinks”. In one chapter he is telling his son who can’t sleep to work on his list of 100 things to be thankful for. Then he lists a few himself and a few of them I really liked so wanted to share them and add some of my own. For those that read this blog – feel free to add to the list via the comment section – I would love to hear what other people are thankful for.

100 Things I’m Thankful For:

1.I’m thankful for a God who is ever loving, very faithful, every just, ever merciful.
2. I’m thankful for the valleys. Nothing grows up on the mountain; growth takes place down where the dirt is. (from the book)
3. I’m thankful for a job that is challenging, interesting, and is flexible with my hours when I need them.
4. I’m thankful that I’m not dizzy everyday.
5. I’m thankful that the sound in my ears haven’t driven me crazy yet (okay some people might argue this point!).
6. I’m thankful for a church family that is supportive, caring, loving and accepting.
7. I’m thankful for the dark. It’s the only time I can see the stars. (from the book).
8. I’m thankful my dad is able to move closer to his sons and get a new house to boot.
9. I’m thankful I’m not quite a keenager yet but I’m looking forward to when I am!
10. I’m thankful I don’t feel as old as I am.
11. I’m thankful that my hope is not fixed of the stuff of this earth. That I’ve got more than tomorrow to look forward to. I’ve got eternity. (from the book)
12. I’m thankful for music that reminds me that God’s plan is perfect even when I don’t see it or understand. In reference to the song “Perfect” by The Willie Sons.
13.I’m thankful for hot water, bubbles and a big bathtub that soaks away the chills.
I’m thankful for my daughter’s portable DVD player that lets me watch my shows while I’m soaking in the tub.
14. I’m thankful for flowers, greenery, spring and the warmth inside my black car when I’m chilled by the wind.
15.I’m thankful for my washing machine, even when it sticks, because I can get my frustrations out when I get to slam the lid shut in order for it to continue on with the cycle.
16. I’m thankful for the sound of birds chirping.
17. I’m thankful for friends that I can play WordTwist and Scramble with.
18. I’m thankful for the ability to walk.
19. I’m thankful for support from friends when you’re worried about your children.
20. Speaking of children – I’m thankful for my daughters smiles, hugs, and laughter that make being a parent so worth it.
21. I’m thankful for insightful moments from my kids when they come home and give you a big hug and say how thankful they are our family doesn’t yell and scream at each other.

To be continued....




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful to live in the part of the world that is safe from earthquakes , typhoons etc. and which is free from wars and famine.
I am thankful for a church family who really care for each other.
I am thankful for family near and far, and Grandbabies...
I am thankful for the knowledge that God loves me and is with me always, all I have to do is remember to turn to Him always instead of trying to do things my way!!!
I am thankful for YOU!!!
Sue

What I have had to say...