I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength. -- Charles H. Spurgeon

A good quote to remember.


I have a new book to read - “The Shack”. My niece was telling me about it on Friday night and offered to lend it to me to read. When I got home that night, I received a call from my oldest daughter. During our conversation she starts to tell me about this great book she has read and how I should read it…guess which book? Yep, “The Shack”. Read the prologue so far and looking forward to a hot bath tonight with this good book.

I noticed this week how I have passed on certain habits. Went out for lunch with my youngest daughter and then we went shopping. Hit a really good sale at her favorite store and ended up buying her a bunch of new clothes. 4 t-shirts and 3 bunny hugs for $60 (tax included) – you just can’t pass up those bargains! She was telling me that I should buy some clothes there too but I decided skulls and bones were not really my style … okay to be fair to Sarah none of the clothes she bought had skulls or bones on them. I just think that I’m too old to shop at that store. Anyway, back to the habits. When I buy something new, I usually wear it immediately the next day. Sarah has worn just about all the clothes we bought in the last 2 days.

Lord, I am thankful for good books, family that shares, conversations with daughters, rainy weather, hot baths, long distance phone calls, dishwashers, and a loving and caring God. Help me to not let my anxiety and worries for both my daughters empty today of its strength, help me to trust you and know that all will work out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I hope you enjoy "The Shack" it's a really great book...that's neat that Kristie has been reading it too. My mom just finished reading it to on my recommendation i think...daughters can be good for that kind of thing :)...take care and God Bless...tell Sarah i say hey

Anonymous said...

Wow, that comment spoke to me exactly when I needed it. I should write it down!
Thanks,
love ya,
D

What I have had to say...