I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Sunday, November 09, 2008

A weekend of pondering...

Part of a conversation between Mack and Jesus in the book "The Shack" that made me pause and think…

“You imagine. Such a powerful ability, the imagination! That power alone makes you so like us. But without wisdom, imagination is a cruel taskmaster.

Where do you spend most of your time in your mind, in your imagination, in the present, in the past, or in the future?

I do not dwell in the future you visualize or imagine. Mack, do you realize that your imagination of the future, which is almost always dictated by fear of some kind, rarely, if ever, pictures me there with you?

It is your desperate attempt to get some control over something you can’t. It is impossible for you to take power over the future because it isn’t even real, nor will it ever be real. You try and play God, imaging the evil that you fear becoming reality, and then you try and make plans and contingencies to avoid what you fear.”

Two things about this section that made me stop and think. The part about do I visualize God working in the situation I’m imagining (or fretting over, stressing about, etc.).

The other line was about our desperate attempt to get some control over something you can’t. I’ve had control issues all my life and this line kind of made me stop and shift my thinking.

There I am in a situation where I have no control over what may happen, I have no idea what may happen or decisions that someone else might make (except all the awful things that I have no problem imagining might happen). I need to truly believe that God is good, that He loves me, wants only good for me and that He will be an active part of that future. Then I need to let go and trust.

Easier said than done… but with God’s help I’m still working on it!!

Kristie was home this weekend, and proceeded to play on the WII. Sarah had a soccer tournament this weekend ended up with a toe injury on Saturday.



While watching the two of them box, I realized again just how different the two of them are and it shows even in their boxing styles!!



But even with their differences, there was still a lot of love between them which is always great to see.

Thank you Lord for my two beautiful daughters.

No comments:

What I have had to say...