I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Friday, March 18, 2011

Post Eleven, Twelve and Thirteen

Post Eleven is a recent picture of yourself. Well the only one I liked is a picture of me and my older brother and dad and since I don't have permission to post their pic's on my blog I will not be posting it. I wish I lived closer to them.

Post Twelve - Something you are OCD about - Facebook - in particular Fronteirville - it sucked me in and now I spend way too much free time, planting crops, trying to figure out where my fictional spouse and child are hiding and chopping down trees. It's addictive. I just have to go on when I know my crops are due, I have to go on and collect my bonuses. I obsess about what to plant, where to put things and which quests to do next. Ugh!!!!

Post Thirteen - A Fictional Book

Burned by Ellen Hopkins
My daughter is not a big reader but she has read quite a few of this author's books and I int urn have as well. Ellen Hopkins has written several verse novels about teenage struggles. I find them quite fascinating to read.
Burned is about a young girl brought up in an abusive family where women are not treated as equals. She is sent away to live with her aunt where she learns what love is really about. Unfortunately it doesn't have a happy ending, it quite shocked me actually.
I planned on including some quotes but I can't seem to cut and paste into this blog... so go read the book!

No comments:

What I have had to say...