I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Monday, May 29, 2006

Finished off some books...

Well this week I finished off 3 books (which only leaves about 20 or so to read). Interestingly, two of the books were on the same topic. The Xodus Files and Here I am Lord...Send Someone Else. Didn't realize they would be both be using the Exodus chapter to make their point - which is get off the couch, use the gifts that God has given you, and become a warrior for God. God has trained you, guided you, and He is with you....both really interesting and thought provoking books but I still feel like I'm one of those trembling Israelites the first time they reached the edge of the Promised Land..."but I'm not good enough... their bigger than me...I don't know what my purpose is..." whine whine whine whine whine...looks like I need to stock up on some more cheese or quit the whining...

The other book was "He Who Wept", a historically fiction about the prophet Jeremiah. Now there is a man who went through a lot of crap to obey God. Makes my pity party pretty pittiful...

Still raining here, got all my flowers planted on Saturday and all this rain should help them but I would so love to see the sun again! Had a bbq at the house for my small group on Sunday, rained. So we got to enjoy our basement. Still a good time though - another reminder of the importance of relationships - when the weather is crappy a good friend can always lift your spirits.

Well time to go pick out my next book to read...

No comments:

What I have had to say...