I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Weekend away....

Had a great weekend visiting a friend. Funny part is that I arrived Friday night, and the first time I left the house (even to go outside on the deck) was when I left Sunday night We spent all our time visiting, a little bit of dusting, and watching the movie Elizabethtown (which I do believe her teenage daughter ended up watching 2 1/2 times - the show still makes me laugh when I see it). We have come to the conclusion that we need to visit each other more often. In my last post I mentioned that 10-1 it was going to feel comfortable being around her again and it was, just like time hadn't past. I even slept in until...get this, a record for me...until noon! Yep noon! Back didn't bother me, hips didn't bother me, just slept and slept and slept. I didn't even have that "ugh I slept too long" feeling. Got a visit in with her husband who came home Sunday morning and proceeded to bake cookies all afternoon - which were very very very good! I need to live closer to those two for the conversation and cookies. I also had a great drive back home, picked up another friend, Linda, at the bus depot in Regina. As usual it was a fantastic time, the trip back home went very fast. I got a little nervous when I picked her up though, as there were cops outside the building and I didn't even get out of the car before I had someone asking me for money... I was nervous after that sitting in the bus depot waiting for her and I really dislike having that feeling...it makes me feel like I think I'm better than them or something - which is so untrue. Maybe I just need to hang out at bus depots more often to get past that feeling???

Watched my youngest daughter's soccer game tonight - mosquitos were out in FULL force - but it was worth it to watch them win the game. She had an excellent kick during the game too, she plays defense and turns out she spent quite a bit of her time visiting with the goalie (they won the game 9-2). Her team was also in a tournament this last weekend and they won the silver. They also played in a kickoff tournament, they won (she got 2 goals) $50 which will go towards their windup.

Well, nothing else is new and no deep thoughts from me. Wait - I did read a line in Exodus that got me thinking "No one may appear before me without an offering." (Exodus 34:end of 19). What do I offer God when I go to him in prayer - am I truly offering him my life, my will? Am I giving him the best "first fruits" or what's left over at the end of the week?

No comments:

What I have had to say...