I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Chapter 3 Perserverance Miracles

We are getting ready to head out to the football game "Go Riders!" and was catching up on my reading while I wait for the last of the laundry to wash. My favorite quotes:

"The second kind of miracle is the kind where God chooses not to supernaturally remove or resolve a problem. Instead, God gives his ongoing, miraculous strength to us to enable us to perserve through the problem"

" Our minds and bodies are a lot like those jars of clay. We're frail. We break. We crack and fall to pieces. Clay pots don't hold up real well under extramarital affairs, depressions, and bankruptcy. When we manage to keep our lives intact when they should be scattered across the floor in a million pieces, we - and others - realize that something supernatural is holding us together."

"God performs instantaneous miracles by himself. They're amazing. but let's face it, he is God - they should be amazing! Perseverance miracles, on the other hand, depend on God and human beings to happen. "

"One of the reasons I think God performs more perseverance miracles than instanteous miracles is because their impact is longer. They stretch. Perseverance miracles aren't flash-in-the-pan. When someone perseveres in the midst of unspeakable hardship, her presence and joy leaves no one untouched....Being a living miracle has a much more lasting effect."

I use to pray for the instant miracles but I've started praying that God also gives the people in my life that are going through hard times the perseverance type miracles too.

I am thankful for autumn colors, seeing cousins that I haven't seen in ages and ages, sunny days, washing machines and dryers, good friends and kleenex (hey when you have two kids with a cold and runny nose - kleenex is a wonderful thing!!).

Go Riders!

No comments:

What I have had to say...