I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Proverbs 22:1
"Choose a good reputation over great riches, being held in high esteem is better than silver or gold."

One of my readings today and again, it fits perfectly with my day....
At work we have to write an Accountability Agreement - what we will be accountable for the next year. A good method of having a conversation with your manager about what you see yourself accomplishing or maintaining, how you've done over the last year, you have to write a personal statement, what you need from your manager, from your staff, etc. etc. Anyway I had my "conversation" with my manager today and I can tell you that no amount of gold or silver could make me feel as good as I felt when I left his office and how reenergized I feel about my work. Now I'm not saying any of this to brag (at least I hope not) but it's amazing how good you feel about what your doing, your value in an organization when your boss tell's you what my boss said to me today. The one comment that really struck me was when he said he could see how my personal values and how I view people, etc impacting how I do my job and how others view me at work. Makes me realize more that God is working in me, that maybe I am growing some of those "fruits" of the spirit.

Anyway, it's just an overall good feeling day.

Thank you Lord for my work, for the way you work in me, for your love and patience and kindness to me.

2 comments:

Janet said...

That is so awesome! What a great day. I'm not surprised that you make a difference at work because of who you are! Thanks for shining so brightly! (And no, sharing that is not bragging. It's encouraging!)

Heather said...

Okay I'm curious, Janet. Do I know you? Are the Janet I think you are who has the cutest young son or someone else?

And ps thanks!

Today I had to do way too much thinking at work so I'm really looking forward to the weekend LOL

What I have had to say...