I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Friday, September 15, 2006

Second Guessing God Chapter 1

Two of my favorite quotes from the bookthis week:

"Picture a large rock in the middle of a barren field. Sitting there by itself, it is ordinary, overlooked, and without much use. But in the hands of a master sculptor, it can become a masterpiece. Your life is a lot like that rock."

a masterpiece - I could become a masterpiece? He's got a lot of work to do with me but the thought that He can change me... wait - let me rephrase that - is changing me takes my breath away... of course a little obedience on my side might help the process..

"I believe God takes even our bad decisions and works to help us overcome their negative consequences."

Making good out of bad - now that's my God!!!

On the physical side of life - not much happening. Been raining for 4 days, Murray's been out of town all week, the kids haven't driven me crazy, and I've survived working full time this week. Wednesday night I opted to sit in on M/Bob's class and I really enjoyed it. Talked about the gospels and then compared the beginning of all 4, the differences. Very interesting.

So what am I thankful for this week? Friends to go out for coffee with, my childrens hugs and kisses, rain (without a flooded basement), husband that came home safe and sound, a night with no scheduled activities, laughter, good books and the love of God.



No comments:

What I have had to say...