I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Breathing Places...

Was reminded of my mother the other day. When I was leaving the bank, I held the door open for an elderly lady and her daughter. The way the lady shuffled and her lost sounding voice to her daughter reminded me so much of my mom. I admit I cried a few tears on the way to Shoppers.

At Breakforth one of the speakers talked about how sad we are when we lose a loved one. We see their last breath on this earth but we don’t see their “next” breath. Their next breath in the presence of God.

I witnessed my mom’s last breath on this earth. Her struggle to breath, being in pain earlier in the evening before the drugs kicked in. I wish I could have witnessed her “next” breath. Oh how glorious it must have been.

Deep… whole… painless…

A breath that included her eyes opening and seeing the face of God.

A breath of freedom…a breath of joy.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

That image from Break Forth has stuck with me as well. You've described it so beautifully. It gives a whole new meaning to the phrase: Breath of fresh air, doesn't it?

Janet said...

This is beautiful. I would love to read this at the sister triangle retreat this weekend. I'm doing a quick little talk on blogging. Blogs are so wonderful how we can share and learn together. What do you think? No pressure, but i think this is a great example.

Heather said...

Janet - don't know your email addy so I'll post here and hope you see it - yes feel free to share. Sorry I won't be there to here your talk since I agree that blogging is a great place to put your thoughts and to share with distant friends/families what's happening in your life and mind.

What I have had to say...