I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Sunday, February 25, 2007

What has God done for you this week?

Well I’ll tell you what He did for me. He reminded me again that He can bring good out of bad…

I had a co-worker that was diagnosed with cancer last fall. She was given 6-12 months to live. My prayers for her since then (and I’m sure many others) was that each day she would grow closer to God, that she feel His love wrapped around her each day and that she finds kindness and compassion in the nurses/doctor that look after her.

At her memorial service yesterday, it was wonderful to hear how God had answered those prayers. Marianne talked about how this co-worker (D) had started out feeling that God was a judgmental God. But over the months, through conversations, etc she learned and came to believe that she was God’s Beloved and in turn she wanted others to hear this message. She found her strength and acceptance of her illness through His love for her and from being His Beloved. D told Marianne of her experience when she was having a CAT scan. How she was scared and then she realized that God was in the room with her and he was wearing a golf shirt that had a pocket in it. And she was in that pocket. This image sustained her through her last months, the knowledge that she was in God’s “pocket”.

D’s daughter at the end of service, spoke about her mom and also to thank people for all that they had done. She thanked the nurses who had given her mom such compassionate and loving care. It was a wonderful memorial service that was indeed a celebration of her life. She was a wonderful person and will be missed by all.

No comments:

What I have had to say...