I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hallucinations and Yoga...

This week I've been trying to not have chocolate....very much. Still doing the walking to work, treadmill at home, exercises, etc. Unfortunately the chocolate thing is a hard one for me.

In the staff lounge we have a box filled with chocolate bars that you can buy. Every time I turned to listen or talk to the person on my right, the box and all those delicious chocolate bars were in my line of vision. I left the staff lounge early.

On the way back to my office I stopped at the nurses office to tell him I had a medical concern. I think I'm hallucinating...I swear I can hear those chocolate bars calling my name...really I'm sure I could. He suggested some psych drugs (so supportive!). I left empty handed and still craving but we had a good laugh.

Tonight still desperately craving...only thing stopping me from going to the store is that I have no gas in my car and if I go to the store for a chocolate bar I will need to pick up milk (we have none in the house) and a few other items...I'm too bloody tired to walk back with a load of groceries.

I still think I can hear them them calling my name...must leave all my money at home tomorrow.

I have this Yoga book called Yoga for Wimps - for the the flexible challenged. Turns out I'm wimpier than a wimp... oh bother.

So what am I thankful for...that my daughter is coming home Thursday for the weekend and my husband has a reason to be in Regina that day, so he can bring her home; I have Friday off to spend with my daughters; it's sunny and the snow is melting; walking to and from work is getting easier - even with the ice, slush and water; technology that allows me to talk to my sister who lives thousands of miles away; my patient God; friends, family; love; hugs and kisses; and a blue sky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,

I read your blog and I have to say my feelings are a little hurt.

I've been there for you - when you needed energy, comfort or just when you needed a little "pick me up."

I've been there in good times and bad but now you're all healthy - I am pushed aside and looked at like a bad habit.

I just want you to know - I'm not all bad. In moderate amounts I can even be good for you. I even have proof!

Dark chocolate -- not white chocolate -- lowers high blood pressure, say Dirk Taubert, MD, PhD, and colleagues at the University of Cologne, Germany. Their report appears in the Aug. 27 issue of The Journal of the American Medical Association.

Dark chocolate -- but not milk chocolate or dark chocolate eaten with milk -- is a potent antioxidant, report Mauro Serafini, PhD, of Italy's National Institute for Food and NutritionNutrition Research in Rome, and colleagues.

So, all I'm saying is don't resist me, don't go bad mouthing me to all of your friends. Just enjoy the dark version of me in small quantities and we can go on as best friends forever.

I miss you.

Choc. O. Late

What I have had to say...