I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Couch potato?

hmmm...I haven't written for awhile - have I turned into one of those Facebook addictee's that have neglected their blog for the thrill of sending Hatching Eggs and playing Scrabble?

...gulp, I think so either that or I have nothing to say.

Adjusting to my new job, training the person at my old job = being tired and not really wanting to do much in the evenings. Which kinda sucks as it's Christmas time and I should be out visiting with my friends or fighting for a parking spot at a mall. Instead I log unto Facebook and play some scrabble, then lay in front of the tv turning into a lovely couch potato.

I don't like it! I feel that I am neglecting family and friends, and my house.

I went and got groceries today which included baking supplies in the hope I'll get in the baking mood. Didn't...but I did get all my Christmas cards done and sent today (including Christmas letters for some of them). My decorations are up, and 1/2 my presents bought (I'm stuck on the girls, for once I haven't a clue what to get them and they are not offering up lists yet either). So maybe I haven't been as much of a couch potato as I thought I have?

Either way, here I sit enjoying the lights on my Christmas tree, the candles softly glowing, the quiet of the house ...

Thank you Lord for my job that has so eased our financial issues, help me to be a better stewart of it; thank you for a warm bed to cuddle up in on cold nights, thank you for Christmas lights, quietness, love; thank you for friends to visit with, family to hold on to, dogs to get annoyed at; thank you for the reason for the season - your son, his gift, his life, his love, his sacrifice, his daily presence. Please watch over and protect my mother in law, keep her safe, help her to be happy, give my brother in law the wisdom to look after her.

What I have had to say...