I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Friday, April 25, 2008

Answered prayers:

Well last blog I prayed for God to help me be strong and courageous and He answered me.

I got an email from my sister asking me to go visit a friend of hers whose son was in the hospital in a coma and give this friend a hug for her.

First I am really really really uncomfortable visiting people in the hospital. I don’t know why I am like that I just am. Funny thing is I’ve always worked at a hospital … (another example of God’s humor). I tend to avoid visiting people in the hospital like the plague. Not proud about that either. So if I visit you in the hospital –you know I really like you.

2nd I don’t know this lady and going to a hospital to visit a lady in crisis – where I never know what to say to someone I know who is in crisis – is another thing I’m very uncomfortable doing.

Friday – I take my courage in hand and force myself to go up and visit her. It just so happened that her son was off having an MRI and she just happened to be hanging out in the waiting room with her mom –who I happen to know and who usually doesn’t’ come visit until the evening. Too coincidental to be coincidental. So I was able to give her a hug on behalf of my sister and to have a somewhat comfortable conversation. Thank you Lord for having her mom there for me.

This is a family in real crisis – their son was hit by a car on April 1 and he has been in a light coma every since. Prayers would be appreciated. There is another family there who was involved in a car accident and their 3 year old son is in a light coma also. These two families have bonded in shared grief and faith that God will get them through this.

On a lighter note – Kristie is home this weekend to see the Phantom of the Opera, and Sarah has 3 friends sleeping over tonight. I’ve had problems with my head/ear all week which has resulted in feeling dizzy most days and missing some afternoons at work because I just couldn’t handle it anymore. I was trying to reduce my medication but gave up doing that and trying to be on a more strict low sodium diet.

Thank you Lord for the health of my children, for being a presence in the lives of these families in crisis – give them what they need at this time – your love, your strength, your healing power, thank you for the parent who volunteered to be the coach of my daughters soccer team, for a daughter who can drive me home from work, for an understanding boss, for calming relaxing music, for warm jackets on these cold days, and for You.

No comments:

What I have had to say...