I am who I am and loved anyway. I hope we all feel that way. "Much more realistic and important to change something in ourselves than in our lives."

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday's thoughts:

"We will not neglect the house of our God." Nehemiah 10:39

If the Holy Spirit lives in us and the Holy Spirit is God - are we not than the house of God? So the question that I need to dwell on is - what am I doing to not neglect his house - to ensure that it is holy, righteous, pure, that others know whose house it belongs to? Do I have a big wall around my house or an inviting walkway?

What I should be doing is this from Joshua 1:6-9

"Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them.
Be strong and courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you: do not turn from it to the right or to the left that you may be successful whereever you go.
Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth: meditate on it day and night, so that you maybe careful to do everything written in it."

Strong and courageous... I confess I usually feel weak and afraid.

I should also be praying a lot more than I do...

Lord - help me to be strong and courageous, to keep your "house" pure and holy, help me to resist the worlds temptations. Thank you for this beautiful weather, for a wonderful church family, Roy's laughter, friends hugs, babies, new beginnings, washing machines, long distance phone calls from sisters, only a couple of dizzy spells this last month, a good husband, cards that I don't throw away that reminds me of my husbands love, fun trips to Edmonton with the niece, and just for all the blessing you have given me. You are my God and I will worship you.

No comments:

What I have had to say...